Phantom ring help

When the temperatures start to drop we begin to experience phantom rings with our Ring doorbell. They start when temps drop below 40 degrees or so. The house was built in 2019 and is hard-wired to the house. Why are these happening and how do we fix it?

Hi @Kves13. Which model of Video Doorbell do you have? You can find the model name (Video Doorbell 3, Video Doorbell Pro, etc.) on the original packaging, on the Device Health page in the Ring app, or on the back of the Doorbell itself. Do you have a mechanical or digital chime kit, and what is the make and model of the chime kit? Does the ring come from the chime kit in your home or only on the Doorbell? This information will help me better understand the situation so I can find some troubleshooting tips that may help. :slight_smile:

Hi there! It’s a Video Doorbell Pro, Model BE489WBC. The ring only comes from the chime in the home; it doesn’t register with the actual Ring doorbell. Also, I have a mechanical chime kit.

@Kves13 Thanks for confirming that information. Have you checked the mechanical chime kit at all to ensure everything looks to be in order? Since the phantom ring isn’t registering on the Ring Doorbell and it’s only the chime kit itself ringing, it could be the cold weather impacting the actual chime kit depending on where it’s located in your home.