Phantom (Non-User Initiated) Live View Recordings

Not sure what triggered this change. Found in app very long live view recordings that were not initiated by myself or anyone who has access to the app.

I went ahead and went into Control Center to see allowed device settings and remove any and all active devices. Did not see anything out of the ordinary.

Trying to see if Samsung Smart Things (Samsung Refrigerator FamilyHub) are initiating these live view recordings.

Most of the live view recordings are very long, some up to 12 minutes long.

Update: I went outside to take out the trash to find my Ring Doorbell Pro 2 with a solid Blue ring. No one in the house was using the app. Went into App, found another long recording. This is after I had already changed my password, removed all active devices

Anyone else with this problem?

1 Like

Hi @Kram. Good job looking into the integrations you have with the Samsung Smart Things fridge, I would also check if you have any Alexa devices integrated with your Ring that may be the cause of these Live Views. If you can’t find the cause of this, definitely reach out to our support team for further assistance. They can pull up your account and review your account history with you in order to get this concern squared away and ensure your Ring account is safe any secure. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Caitlyn - I also experienced this “phantom” live view issue, and spoke with Ring Support earlier today. Are you aware of any updates/answers of this question? Support shared that their team can not determine what/who activated the Live View on the camera, which from a device security standpoint, I find hard to believe. If support doesn’t have access to that information, understandable, but someone within Ring (Device Software Security) should have access to a log that indicates what end-point triggered a “Live View”. Looking forward to your thoughts!

I am also experiencing these live views watching me , not initiated by me, and I find it VERY disturbing. What do we do when the “RingTeam” cannot give answers?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.