I’ve had several instances of Alexa Guard detecting people inside my apartment, but Ring failed to detect them. Amazon Alexa device actually recorded their conversation, which is how I found out. Has anyone else had this happen with their Ring Protect Plus monitoring?
Hi @cbird805. When Alexa Guard is set to “Away”, Alexa uses the built-in microphone to detect the sounds of a smoke alarm, CO alarm, or glass breaking. When a select sound is detected, Alexa will send a Smart Alert notification to your mobile phone. Tapping on this notification takes you to the Alexa app where you can:
- Review the Smart Alert.
- Listen to a 10-second audio clip of the detected sound.
- Drop-In on the echo device that sent the Smart Alert.
- Forward the alert to Ring via the “Send to Ring” button in the Alexa app in order to request help if professionally monitored or sound the siren if self-monitored.
If you choose to send the alert to the Ring app, you have access to all of the standard functions of the Ring Alarm including:
- Request help (and sound the siren) from emergency responders if you are professionally monitored.
- Sound the siren if you are self-monitored.
When help is needed, a signal will be sent to the monitoring center, which will request emergency dispatch to your home and call your emergency contacts. You can read more about how Alexa Guard works with Ring in our Help Center Article here. I hope this information helps clear things up!