Person detection only Still get Motion Aerts

Doorbell set to Person Detection only, but still getting Motion Alert.

Yesterday I got 77 Motion detection from the Doorbell (6 were person).

I switched off Motion Alert in the App, but was still getting alert on Alexa.

I have Ring Security Light which is set for Linked Activity. And checked that and almost all Alerts are Vehicle Related.

So why is Doorbell picking up Vehicles when set to Person Detection only?

Hey @Getafix. Could you attach a share link of one of the videos that is setting off your Doorbell for motion? Being able to see what happens in one of these many videos will help the neighbors in the Community isolate your concern to work towards a resolution!

In addition, please let us know what Doorbell you have, along with a bit more detail on how you have the Smartlighting hooked up to it via Linked Devices. For example, do you have it to where if your Doorbell detects motion, the lights turn on, or vice versa? Hope to hear back from you soon!

Please see snapshot from both the Doorbell 2 and the Floodlight Camera.

Doorbell, the trigger zone is set to less than half my drive way and only to detect People.

Floodlight Camera activates when Alert on Doorbell.

Not set it for other way round as Doorbell 2 is battery operated and the Floodlight Camera covers the area.

Hi @Chelsea_Ring

I never got a response despite posting pictures as requested?

@Getafix Sorry for not getting back to you! I had asked you to post the pictures in case it looked to be a positioning concern where you could readjust the position of the doorbell for improved performance. As this is a neighbor to neighbor forum, I was hoping another neighbor may chime in and help.

Please note that occasionally when in People Only Mode, light reflection, as from an outside window or passing car, can activate motion detection. If you’re getting a lot of unwanted notifications look for reflective surfaces that may be shining light onto your device, or reposition the angle of your device. Alternatively, you can turn off the People Only Mode setting. I recommend to try turning off People Only Mode after readjusting your doorbell’s sensitivity to be even lower, in hopes that it helps eliminate some of this concern.