Person Alerts when Motion has been Snoozed

I am still getting Person Detected alerts even though I have snoozed motion on a camera. How do I correct this?

1 Like

Hi @JoelR. I would verify that your Ring app is up-to-date with the latest updates available. If you have verified this and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Yes, the app is up to date. My Ring Account is connected with my Amazon Alexa account. What is happening is that Motion Snooze is not suppressing notifications to Alexa. So, if I am working in the yard, for example, Alexa alerts that a “person is detected” ever few seconds. There appears to be no way to snooze these alerts. All I can do is disable motion detection completely.

This is a huge issue. I understand that they are different apps, but Ring and Amazon are part of the same company and should play well together.

The snooze function should be implemented at the camera, not at the app. That way when it is is snooze mode, no apps are alarming when motion is detected.

As currently implemented, Snooze is UNUSABLE.

1 Like

Hi @JoelR. This is correct. Using the Snooze Feature on the Ring app will not silence the Announcements on your Amazon Alexa devices. Feel free to add this to our Feature Request board.

I guess I don’t understand the value of a “snooze” feature if I get a verbal alert ever two minutes. It’s not a feature request, but a design flaw unless you are telling me that Ring is not intended to work in a SmartHome ecosystem.

1 Like

Hi @JoelR. The Snooze feature will snooze your Ring devices. 3rd party integrations such as an Amazon Alexa are not controlled by the Snooze feature on the Ring app.

You don’t get it.

It is not the Ring App that is detecting motion. It is the Ring Camera and Ring backend that is sending out notifications to the apps.

The Snooze feature should suspend the notification process, not the app.

Electing to snooze it at the application level only is very short sighted and shakes my overall confidence in the Ring security system. I switched to Ring after Amazon discontinued it’s own CloudCam service, but am starting to think that the Amazon/Ring partnership is not going to be deliver the level of integration that I would expect.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.