Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
U
People setting Video Doorbell 4
battery-video-doorbell
troubleshooting
motion-settings
I am looking for the people setting on the video doorbell 4. I am picking up cats running across the porch, and I need to change the setting, but can't find it. I go into the motion detector, and look for the people switch, but it it not there. Can someone show me where to find this setting? Thank you, Jim

30-10-2023 02:20:45

Responses (3)

C
Hi @user64399. The setting you're referring to would be the Smart Alerts feature, which is available when you have an active Ring Protect plan subscription. You can learn more about this feature, and how to adjust the settings for it in [this Help Center article](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032947972-Refining-Your-Motion-Alerts-for-People-and-Other-Motions). I hope that helps! :)

01-11-2023 08:04:39

U
When I go into the smart alerts feature, I see motion zones for person and other motion, but no others for people or pets. The feature is already enabled, and there is no continue button. Am I missing something, or is the software missing something? Thanks, Jim

02-11-2023 04:35:41

C
@user64399 Correct, you can select to receive motion alerts for motion events categorized as "Person" and events categorized as "Other Motion", as well as control which ones are recorded. There is no pet setting. I've attached a screenshot below to show what it would look like to have recording and alerts toggled on for "Person". ![Screenshot 2023-11-03 at 12.26.05 PM|352x500, 75%](upload://vThf5bG3W7qrYspYbT8zHek8o8z.png)

03-11-2023 07:27:20

U
Ok, thank you for the reply. The problem is that I have the person alert on, with the bell turned on, and the other motion control is off. Where is the setting that controls which ones are recorded? It only gives me options to turn them on and off. What am I missing? I want to stop getting a notification every time a cat runs across the porch. Thank you, Jim

04-11-2023 04:09:34

C
@user64399 The screenshot I shared above should be similar to what you see in the Ring app under the Smart Alerts settings. The camcorder icon is to toggle recording on and off, while the bell icon is to toggle alerts on and off. Keep in mind that various factors can impact how effective Smart Alerts are. Depending on things such as the lighting and how the cat is being picked up by the Doorbell, it could be categorized under the "Person" detection at times.

06-11-2023 08:08:52

S
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

06-12-2023 08:09:47

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User