People only mode does not work

I activated People Only mode on my cameras (mostly floodcams, 1 stick up cam) and it has made no difference. The videos I saved but were rejected for upload show a spider on his web in front of the camera; another shows a racoon in my driveway. I don’t usually have time to ask for support, but this has been going on for weeks. We get hundreds of motion detects only to see spiders, varmits, even our plants blowing in the wind. It’s frustrating. We feel we wasted our money or should have bought a different system. Are these cameras ever going to work?

Hey @TrueBlue. Occasionally when in People Only Mode, light reflection, as from an outside window, can activate motion detection. If you’re getting a lot of unwanted notifications look for reflective surfaces that may be shining light onto your device. Alternatively, you can turn off the People Only Mode setting.

If you are dealing with overactive motion alerts from this still, I recommend to re-draw any motion zones you have created for powered devices (use the up to 3 instead of one big one if this is the case for you) and to make sure that they zones exclude not important high-traffic areas. For your battery operated device, if your Stick Up Cam is of such, please try reducing the motion’s sensitivity through the Motion Wizard. After readjusting your motion settings, if you see no improvement, please reach out to our support team here to report on this.

The cameras all point away from the house. This is NOT a light reflection issue. As even my recent videos show, it was a racoon on one camera; it has often been tiny spiders, and it is often wind. All NOT people. If the only fix being suggested is to disable the PEOPLE ONLY mode, that’s no fix at all as this has been happening before you introduced the new mode. Then the problem appears to be with the cameras and the firmware.