People Only Mode Does Not Work - Motion Setting

I recently purchased FOUR Spotlight Cams (3 wired and 1 battery) plus a Wired/Plugged in Stick Up Cam (3rd Gen - suffering from the erroneous critical low battery ongoing problem on a WIRED/PLUGGED in device, yet ANOTHER Ring problem) and Indoor Cams -

Your motion detection is currently USELESS - with notifications going off for birds, cats and even SPIDERS (see below) - I’m familiar with all of the settings, sensitivity levels, motions zones, etc.

MOST IMPORTANTLY THE PEOPLE ONLY MODE DOES NOT WORK resulting in constant notifications for cats and even SPIDERS throughout the night!!! See this spider example from a Wired Spotlight Cam tonight which set off a notification while the People Only Mode was set:

https://ring.com/share/6831374092558518405

Screen Cap of motion settings with People Only Mode switch on attached/below.

AGAIN, THIS RENDERS YOUR PRODUCTS USELESS!

Unless this can be rectified I’m sending back over a thousand dollars worth of your products -

2 Likes

@MikeB941 wrote:

I recently purchased FOUR Spotlight Cams (3 wired and 1 battery) plus a Wired/Plugged in Stick Up Cam (3rd Gen - suffering from the erroneous critical low battery ongoing problem on a WIRED/PLUGGED in device, yet ANOTHER Ring problem) and Indoor Cams -

Your motion detection is currently USELESS - with notifications going off for birds, cats and even SPIDERS (see below) - I’m familiar with all of the settings, sensitivity levels, motions zones, etc.

MOST IMPORTANTLY THE PEOPLE ONLY MODE DOES NOT WORK resulting in constant notifications for cats and even SPIDERS throughout the night!!! See this spider example from a Wired Spotlight Cam tonight which set off a notification while the People Only Mode was set:

https://ring.com/share/6831374092558518405

Screen Cap of motion settings with People Only Mode switch on attached/below.

AGAIN, THIS RENDERS YOUR PRODUCTS USELESS!

Unless this can be rectified I’m sending back over a thousand dollars worth of your products -

Yep. I’d get a box and start boxing up because this is how it is I’m afraid. Every day I have to get a brush and remove any spiders webs near the cameras to stop the detection

I noticed the issue after the latest update to the app. The verified person detected motion either takes to long to kick in or just doesn’t work. It does, however, notify us of every bee, spider web, and shadow moving in the area. Unfortunately, even after I turned it off, we had a pizza delivery, with the guy standing at my door, and product delivery, at dusk or night, that did not notify us.

It is a bit unnerving, to open the door to find someone standing there, and our Ring camera didn’t catch it at all. No history, no snapshot, nothing!

1 Like

Also experiencing a lot of alerts for spiders, little flying bugs, etc with Person Only Mode on.

Then a human can walk by, and no alerts at all.

This is terrible.

1 Like

My ring stick up WIRED was having an identity crisis and thought it was a BATTERY camera.
So I decided to “fix” that. Big mistake!
The people only motion setting was working quite well when it thought it was running on a battery.
Now , the “people only” setting is useless. Even just any motion is spotty. AND, the “snapshot” setting does not work at all. And the zone is useless also.
The App is mess! Redundant settings all over the place. Bugs everywhere. One bug gets fixed once in a LONG while and 2 more pop up.

It is shameful that a company like Amazon would allow this madness to continue.
I probably will never buy another ring product again. And I will not recommend them to anyone that I consider a friend or customer.

Hashtag stop the ring cam madness

2 Likes