People Only Mode and Dogs

Does Ring consider dogs as people or is the people only mode not working as designed? I have 2 large dogs that a Ring Doorbell is constantly picking up in my backyard even though people only mode is enabled.

They don’t really look like people :wink:
I have seen many other posts about the same thing but no resolution.

Has anyone been able to get Ring to actually do anything regarding this? Obviously this feature is not working as designed.

Hi there, @JetRocket11! In addition to People Only Mode, there are tons of motion and alert related settings to choose from. As each home is different, certain features may benefit an environment more than another. As mentioned in our help center article, People Only Mode will usually only send notifications when human motion is detected. If you’re getting a lot of unwanted notifications, other than by your dogs, look for reflective surfaces that may be shining light onto your device. Alternatively, you can turn off the People Only Mode setting.

As we are always working to improve and add to our devices and features, consider this feedback shared with our teams here. :slight_smile: