People only mode a joke

Is this mode on the dashboard for a joke? I have this set but get motion notifications everytime a cat goes by, now I know some cats are a decent size but the size of a human?? I don’t think so.
Why does this feature not do as stated?

1 Like

Hi @GaryD. This might be do how your Doorbell is mounted, the settings on your Doorbell, or other environmental factors. I would suggest checking out Caitlyns guide to Optimizing Motion Detection here to see if making a few adjustments can improve this feature for you.

If you’ve tried these suggestions to no avail, you can reach out to our support team for the next best steps. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Thank you for your reply.
My doorbell is mounted as per recommendations, the settings are fine and how the hell do environmental factors affect your product not being able to tell the difference between a human and a cat?
I look forward to your reply.