Peephole Camera snapshots feature not working

I’ve had the ring peephole hole camera for over a year now and the snapshots feature suddenly stopped working. Motion detection and live view still work but no snapshots. I’ve been trying to use 14min intervals. The device health shows normal conditions with a green RSSI. Help please?

I have other battery powered stickup Cams in the same area and they will take snapshots. I’ve also tried resetting the peephole cam but still no luck. Firmware is also up to date

Hi @htn2019. I would try resetting the Peephole Cam and reconnecting it to wifi. You can reset it by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds, then releasing. Once you’ve done that, you can reconnect it to wifi. The Peephole Cam will perform a quick update and you should be able to view the Snapshot Capture feature. I hope this helps.

Same issue - peephole does not take snapshots even when set to take every 14 mins.

Device reset multiple times and support say they’re investigating but it hasn’t worked for months!!

Peephole camera is set to take snapshots every 14 mins and show still image on the timeline.

This feature used to work well but hasn’t worked on the peephole cam (door
View cam for those in other countries) in months.

Device has been reset multiple times to try and update firmware or get it to work. Strong RSSI as doorbell is near router.

Full protect plus plan.
Support say they’ve “investigating” but no progress, acknowledgment or change for months.

Very very disappointing! Especially as it used to work!

Resetting the Ring device was a great step to take! Try also disabling and re-enabling the Snapshot feature in your Ring app. The steps in this Help Center article will help with this.

If this concern persists, our support team can take a more in-depth look at this for you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Thank you but tried those steps and already phoned the support team. They basically said “oh yes this might be a known issue, we have no advice to fix - please sit tight.”

Which is why I joined the forum to post, because I and others have been sitting tight for about 1year+

It’s a shame no one will look into this. It’s core functionality that used to work fine.

Snapshots set to 1 hour or 14 mins just don’t work on the peephole camera.