Peephole Cam Battery drain

I have had this peephole cam for 2 weeks now and have tried every setting to extend the battery life. It uses at least 4% a day which means I would have to replace the battery after less than a month. I would be happy if I could get the usage to 3%, then that would last over a month and could change it when I change my furnace filter, etc.
Settings are snapshot capture off, motion frequency minimal (periodically), advanced motion detection on, video recording length 20 seconds, motion zone setup for only 10ft front porch, and motion sensitivity set to approx. 15%. But still drains 4% a day. Tried new battery.
Guess the problem is that it triggers every time the front door opens so alerts mount to 20-30 a day. Any way to extend battery life? Post about changing knock detection makes no sense – it is motion. Forgot to mention wifi is in the same room, RSSI -45ish

Hi @user80371. You have changed all the settings you can to preserve battery life. It looks like the battery drain you are experiencing is from the number of events it is recording. If the events are from you entering and leaving the property, there is not much you can do other than disabling motion detection.

Thank you for the reply! So I turned motion detection off for 3 days now. It is only recording 2 or so ring/door knocks a day. But still draining 4-5% battery a day. Bad camera?

Hi @user80371. Thank you for the update. Considering that you’ve optimized your Motion Settings for battery life and your RSSI is -45, you should have exceptional battery life with only 2 or so recordings per day. I suggest reaching out to our support team to take a closer look at this. Please send us a private message on Facebook or Twitter @Ring or give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Thanks for the response! I called support but they require that you be onsite to first reset to factory default. I only go to this house once in a while, so it made sense to me to just return the peephole cam (under 30 days) and get a new one. Well, the new one seems to drain the battery even faster! With motion detection on it dropped about 10% first day, with motion detection turned off (zero alerts), no snapshots, no knock detection, it still dropped 6% in less than a day!! My only last guess is that even though wi-fi signal is very strong, maybe the uplink to the Internet has issues? Using Cox cable 100M service for emails, surfing, etc. but hangs once a week or so. Could this be the problem? Will eventually have to go there and call ring support as I love the product(other than battery drain). Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi @user80371. Thank you for following up! In this case, I suggest reaching out to our support team when you are available.