Pathlights - Are Pathlights covered under the extended warranty (protect plus)

Are solar pathlights covered under the extended warranty as a device in the protect plus plan. The reason I am asking is this. I want to use just the working part and globe of the solar pathlight as a 4X4 post cap light. My posts are all white and using a black pathlight looks odd. I want to paint the light white and want to know if I would be voiding my warranty in doing so. I really wish the pathlights were offered in white and/or Ring offered a solar 4X4 cap light. I need 18 lights so I don’t want to void out any warranty.

1 Like

Hi there, @Baldymag! The Ring Smart Lighting products are indeed covered under the Ring Warranty. As stated on the Warranty page, “Damage from unauthorized service or modification of the product or of any furnished component will void this warranty in its entirety.”.

Most of the time, we advise not to alter the device in any way that is not intended by design. Painting seems harmless enough, but factors such as painted over sensors or components, corrosive chemical, or even impacting the weather resistance from altering the housing, are just some of the things to watch out for. From a cosmetic stance, painting our devices is ok while being mindful of the above, and will not void your warranty.

Feel free to also add any requests you have for our Smart Lighting team, on our Feature Request Board. We always share these with our teams. :slight_smile:

According to the warranty page, it appears the solar pathlights are indeed covered under extended warranty as part of Protect Plus. I see no exclusion for painting them and would supsect if there was a failure, they just send out new or refurbished ones.

1 Like