Paint Flaking After 10 Months - Ring Doorbell

Has anyone else had issues with the paint flaking off the front of the RING Doorbell? I have only had mine 10 months and although Ring specify it’s not “weatherproof” it’s “weather resistant” surely it shouldn’t look at bad as it does (see photographs for clarification) - It is also housed underneath a brick built porch and not directly effected by the elements… I haven’t even had it a year.

Closer better quality photo of flaking.

Check out our Warranty page to see whats covered in your device’s warranty. There are also Protect plans available that feature the benefit of extending warranty.

For further assistance with this, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

I have read your warranty section and I take it I still need to call you direct even though I have provided you with evidence of a defective product?

Hi @BeardyBayley. Correct! You’ve reached the Ring Community, a public neighbor to neighbor forum. While there are neighbors and Community team members here to offer guidance and suggestions, our support team does not monitor this platform.

For any account specific or support related requests, it is best to reach out to our support team.