Outside Camera night vision after motion light comes on

Yo, so I installed an outdoor camera over my driveway. My driveway has seperate motion light installed. Since installing my camera I have noticed that my ring camer will catch motion and start recording before the motion light goes on. This results in me not being able to see anything on the recording! Should I just turn the night vision off and rely on the motion light? Any help is appreciated.

Hey @nemeth8! I recommend decreasing light settings, while increasing motion zone sensitivity. Of course, every environment will vary so it may need trial and error to find the right settings for that scenario. That being said, the reason this happens is that light detection field of view is often larger than the lens field of view. Light detection may also capture heat signatures, that have not made it into your motion zone range just yet. Increasing motion, or decreasing light sensitivity, can help to balance this out and trigger both motion types around the same time. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply @marley_ring … I went through all the settings and didnt see anything about light settings?

Sorry about that @nemeth8, I should have clarified. This answer would pertain to one of our Camera device which have built in lights, such as the Spotlight Cam or Floodlight Cam.

If you are using one of our Stick Up Cams, or a Cam without lights built in, there will not be any light settings in the Ring app.

If this is the case, your best option would be to reposition the sensor on your motion enabled lights, and ensure the bulbs are facing the area which your Cam’s lens is facing.