Outdoor Stickup Cams - No Live View

Only ever getting this message when trying to access my Stick-Up Cams via Safari on the web app.
Previously they’ve been fine, access via Safari on MacOS has always been fast and of good quality.

Two cams, one is battery powered, the other is mains and battery powered. Neither connect any more.
However, in History, it reports Live View accessed, so it is polling fine, just not showing anything. I also do get the snapshots showing on the main page.
I’ve cleared the cache, no different. Adjusted various settings including changing the User Agent to Google Chrome (and other agents). Nothing.

The only thing that works is using Google Chrome, but I hate Google Chrome and want to use Safari like I have always done prior to it stopping working a couple of weeks ago.

Anyone else have this issue and know of a resolution that allows Live View to be used on Safari?

Hi @user63814. Those were good steps to try to fix your concern. I would also recommend rebooting your Cameras using the Ring app to see if it helps. You also want to make sure Safari is up-to-date with the latest updates available and disable any active VPNs. If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call for further assistance.