Outdoor cameras not updating views timely (up to 10mns delay)

Hello,

I have 8 cameras installed and 2 of them are not updating views within 40 secs. These 2 are 2 of my outdoor, plugged-in cameras.

All other cameras showing on the app are updating Live ZViews within 40 seconds.

These 2 keep going past 40 seconds and up to 10-12 minutes before the views are updated.

Strong signals. Strong RSS 46-50 Green and they are both online. They are both up to date in terms of firmware.

Any suggestions on how I can fix these 2 and get these to work properly like the others, since they have a signifcant delay updating views past the normal 40 seconds and well into 10-15mn before views are updated from these 2 cameras.

Much appreciated.

Hey @dashelter. I appreciate you sharing all of the details on what you’re experiencing. If possible, can you please provide a screenshot of what you’re seeing in the Ring App regarding the refresh times? Also, are you able to access the Live View and do the Cameras record motion as expected? It sounds like everything is working properly, but I just want to make sure! :slight_smile:

Hello Caitlyn,

I am able to do Live View and do the camera record motion.

However, out of my 8 cameras, these 2 outdoor stickup cams power, they refresh only every 12mns.

I have attached a screenshot here showing where the “Adult Side and the Kids side of house” cameras are not updating timely and are up to 7 minutes in the picture (will go up to 12 mns before any updated views) and not refreshed while the other cameras have a refreshed view every 30-40 seconds and are updating the views timely…again, except these 2 stickup cams power.

These update evry 10-12 minutes and not every 30-40 seconds.

Let me know how to fix this and many thanks.

@dashelter Thanks for that information and for letting me know the Cameras are working properly in regards to Live View and recording video. The preview on the dashboard is just meant as a quick preview and there isn’t a set time that it needs to refresh as the Live View is there to see what is happening in real-time. As such, you’ll likely see some variation in when individual devices update the preview based on connection and how the devices are powered, but it is not affecting the performance of the device.

Should you encounter any concerns with the Live View, I’d recommend reviewing our Community post on it here. If those tips aren’t helpful, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. They can take a deeper look at your devices and connection and help diagnose any underlying concerns. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support.