Outdoor camera wind noise

Has anyone had problems with outdoor camera wind noise. Hard to hear anything else except the wind on a 25mph windy day. Is there a kit to put something over the microphones (wherever they are?) Could one put foam or fur or something over mic?

Hi @Jeannie2. Putting a wind sock or something similar would probably cut down on the wind noise. One thing to keep in mind, is that it will probably cut down on all noise - including visitors speaking at your Camera. This could result in you not being able to hear something important, so I would use caution when using this approach.

1 Like

I have the same issue with wind noise. It’s extremely windy where I live. I found some stick on “wind baffles” on Amazon (essentially a poof of fibers with double sided tape) that I’d like to put over the microphone but I can’t figure out where the microphone is located on the Ring Spotlight Camera. Does anyone know where it is?

10 Pcs Camera Mic Windscreen Wind… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09SL11LZB?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share