Outdoor camera sirens linked to alarm system

This subject seems to have been asked a lot and yet there seems to be no definitive answer. Is there any plans to allow the integration of the outdoor camera siren to the alarm system? I.e if there is activation of the alarm on the base station the sirens on the external camera will sound?? This to me would be a very important feature as the internal siren is not enough. Also what about having a dedicated external siren box linked to the system? Again this would act as a visual deterrent. In the UK an external siren is a big feature of all alarm systems and something Ring need to address urgently.

2 Likes

Everything you have stated has been asked for and noted. Ring has not stated if or when either would be available. Here in the US outside alarms are hated by most since false alarms at one point in time was extremely common. People now need permits for alarms since then and you will be fined as well. I rarely hear any today since most are silent alarms. But some people are willing to use them and they should be made.

Thanks for your response. I hear what you are saying. However in the UK things are different and the outdoor siren is still a major part of a security system.

We still want it.

I could do without it however the monitoring system we have with Ring is not as good as the US version. So I still want an external siren to alert my neighbours if required

1 Like

For my wife an outdoor siren is a showstopper. I want to replace our old system,but without an outdoor siren, she will not go for it.

Ring has listened to all the Kudo votes on the numerous “Feature Request” board and the camera sirens can also now be linked to the Alarm Base Station siren! So now when the Base Station siren goes off, the Ring cameras (that have siren feature) can also sound off with their siren (here in the USA, and if not yet available in other countries it should be soon)!

So, I immediately went to my Ring App to link mine also! But, I was briefly disappointed when I tried to do it because I did not initially see any change in the App. It initially appeared to still only make the cameras record when the alarm sounded . . . until I looked more closely. So, yes, the camera sirens CAN be linked now by:

• Menu > Devices > Alarm Base Station > Base Station > Linked Devices > Alarm Sounding >

After selecting “Alarm Sounding”, this is where I was briefly disappointed because I thought it was still just to select the cameras to only record. Then I noticed the “Explanation-Point” Icon, just right of the “Camera” Icon. Now I understood that by selecting this “Explanation-Point” Icon, it links the camera’s siren to the alarm too! So after selecting “Alarm Sounding” then:

• Select “Explanation-Point” Icon for the cameras you wish to sound off their siren with the Base Station > then “Save”.

Wonderful! Thank you Ring! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Really great to hear this, I’ll probably wait for the new Ring Floodlight Cam Wired Pro.

Guess you know that there’s the new Ring Alarm Outdoor Siren, with night glowing [ ring ] sign that flashes red when triggered by the Alarm System, so may use this out back and get the new Floodlight for out front.

I’m a new ring owner and pleased I joined this forum and quickly found your thread :slight_smile:

Looks like ring are certainly listening to their customers…

1 Like

Hi neighbors! You are able to link your Ring Alarm system to your Security Cameras. This Linked Devices feature now allows you to set any Ring Camera with a siren to sound when your Alarm Siren is triggered. You can read more about it in our Community Post here. :slight_smile:

1 Like