Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
Outdoor camera not flashing blue
troubleshooting
wireless-security-cameras
I can’t set up only one of my outdoor ring cameras anymore, the light will turn blue but not flash and then goes off. I’ve done everything it says in faq and do it yourself and is it just done for good? It’s not the battery as the battery worked in another unit. It doesn’t flash any other color or change to any other color. Turns blue for 10 seconds and then does nothing….

31-07-2023 02:26:59

Responses (3)

T
Hi @2lilAgirls. Can you share what specific model camera this is? Try resetting your device by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds, then releasing it. This should cause your device to enter setup mode. Let me know if this helps.

31-07-2023 01:32:10

U

I’m having this exact same issue with my newest generation stick up cam battery. Nothing I do will get the blue light to flash and connect to my phone.

12-02-2024 02:52:22

U

Having the same issue not battery as works in another camera I have , just seems to be broken 

15-07-2024 04:25:34

C

Hi @user_3b3214. Make sure your Ring Doorbell or Security Camera is sufficiently powered, then hold down the setup button for 20 seconds. After the reset is complete, walk through a new setup in the Ring app using the steps under Set Up a Device. If these troubleshooting steps don't work, please follow up with our support team for further assistance. 

16-07-2024 07:07:31

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User