Original Ring Doorbell Will Not Hold Charge While Hardwired

I have an original Ring Doorbell a few years old. Recently I’ve noticed that even though it is hardwired, and shows charge coming through on the app, the next day it’s disconnected from my network. When I remove it, it is completely dead and I have to charge up on a charging cable before it will even respond. I have done this process 3 times, and each time I reinstall it seems like it’s resolved (100% battery and shows connected to hardwired power) then the next day it’s dead again. The doorbell is definitely getting power, checked with a monitor, and when you press the doorbell it does ring the house chime.

It seems the battery is simply dead at this point and won’t hold a charge. Any advice, or will I need to replace it?

Thanks!

Hi @tschatz858. This concern would be best handled by our support team. They’ll be able to look at the voltage reading for your doorbell and determine the best course of action. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.