Order 001-872708 Caroline Ellington Ring Doorbell recently purchased has ceased functioning

purchased a ring doorbell in Sep 2019. It was working and I charged it overnight and the second I unplugged itfrom the wall it stopped functioning or ringing or lighting either blue or white. I left it for a week and suddenly it was blaring the ring sound but stuck on the ring sound malfunctioning for 30 seconds just blaring. That’s all it would do once or twice per day. I charged it again and now it does light up but makes no sound and still isn’t responding accurately. I reset it over and over and it is not working. Please let me know what you can do. I have called and you did a mirror image with another device but this one truly is dead and I don’t believe that’s possible.

Hi @cellington15! Great call on charging the battery, this is the best first step. Since the battery is charged and the device is not operating as intended, please perform a reset on your Ring device by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds.

Once the reset is complete, please attempt a new setup in the Ring app. If this does not result in intended functionality, Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: