Option to control alerts or notifications within Modes Settings

Many of us are working at home these days and therefore when I am at home, I will choose the HOME mode. Perfect; in addition to that; when the kids are playing in the backyard or in the front I have turned off notification during the day (0700-2300). Outside those times I am receiving notification, all good.
The trouble comes when you want to combine those.
When I go away (and take the kids with me) , I choose AWAY mode. Now if somebody is in our yard I DO want to get notifications, obviously my notification schema is blocking this.

The nice options would be that in the notification schema (per device) you can choose in which modes (or none) you want to enable the notification schema.

IF (matchSelectedTimeSchedule AND inMode)
SendNotification(“Somebody is breaking in!”).

it looks like a relative easy one.

Cheers!

1 Like

From this thread: https://community.ring.com/t5/Security-Cams/How-to-Get-No-Push-Messages-When-Home/m-p/74494#M15360

I have two cameras, and I have motion detection on for them. But when my system is set to “Disarmed”, I don’t want to get push notifications. I would like to keep motion detection on, so it shows up in the timeline view, but in the “Disarmed” mode, I don’t want to get notifications for it on my phone.

Motion Snooze or Motion Scheduling also don’t do what I want.

Let me summarize:

1. Using Modes, I could turn “Motion Detection” off for the “Unarmed” mode, and then I wouldn’t get any notifications when the alarm system is in “Unarmed” (that’s what I want), but the camera also wouldn’t record any video when there’s motion (that’s not what I want).

2. Using Motion Snooze, I could disable notifications (that’s what I want), but I would have to do that every time I disarm the alarm system (that’s not what I want).

3. Using Motion Scheduling, I could set a time when I don’t want notifications at all (e.g. during the daytime, when I’m usually at home now and awake), but then I wouldn’t get notifications during that time when the system is in “Away” mode either (e.g. when it’s daytime, but I’ve gone to the post office; that’s not what I want).

What I want is that as part of the Modes feature, I can say:

• for “Unarmed”, I want motion detection, but no notifications

• for “Home” and “Away”, I want both motion detection and notifications.

It sounds like that’s not something that can be done now, even though it doesn’t sound unreasonable to me.

1 Like

When I’m at home, I do not need a notification for every motion around the house. It would be convenient if this could be disabled in the different modes, because now it is only possible to snooze notifications or to disable notifications permanently in device settings.

We need to be able to disable the alarm and when disabled automatically have specific device notifications have on/off toggles so we don’t get a constant barrage of motion notifications when we are home. This could also be done by allowing customized monitoring of devices in disabled mode. Currently you can not have the system disabled and either stop motion detection or just stop notifications without going to each device and toggling them off independently which is not a reasonable thing to do every time. It’s highly inconvenient to want motion notifications in away mode yet not want them in disabled mode. It’s hard to believe this isn’t possible but it appears to not be.

How to I customise the ring stickup cam notification on the ring app to say motion detected at the driveway like my Alexa speaker does as the ring app announces motion detected at you stickup cam

Hi. I recently bought the Ring Alarm system, hoping to use the modes (disarmed, home, away) to control the notifications I receive from my external cameras. For example, when Away I want to get notified of motion in my garden, but when the system is Disarmed, I want to still record motion in the garden, but just not get notified.

However, the modes feature only allows me to control the cameras’ motion detection (not motion notification). Therefore, I would have to accept turning off all motion recordings and live video functions in order to prevent any notifications while disarmed.

Please could you tell me if there is a way of currently achieving this? If not, could this be added as a new feature? After all, you can select motion detection and motion notification as different options everywhere else, why not also in Modes?

Many thanks!

I second this. I absolutely NEED this feature!

1 Like

I have been asking for this for months @Marley_Ring this is yet another request for the feature I have been asking for.

1 Like

I’ve ended up using motion scheduling, but it’s not the same and needs to be done for each camera. Using the home and away options would be 100 times better in the same way you can stop recordings but instead stop notifications

1 Like

Yes also need this feature.

1 Like

For the ring security system it would be good to have a “Kids notification mode”. With our little one he opens the front door and it would be good to have be able to configure certain doors to do a push notification by toggling a switch. THe use case is with work from home I let him play downstairs when I’m in a meeting so it would be good to enable this mode during meetings so that I know if he opens the door when he shouldn’t. I don’t want to go through all the settings to turn on our front, garage and back door during a meeting and then go back and turn it off each time

Adding Camera notification schedules to “Modes”.
When I arrive at the cottage and disarm the ring security alarm I would like the ability to add one or more than one of my camera schedules to the disarm mode to turn off notifications for any of my cameras, so I don’t have to go to each camera and enable that particular schedule manually to disable notifications while I’m there.
When I leave and put the alarm back to armed and away mode the notifications would resume automatically.
I can Schedule the alarm mode but I can’t add any of my Camera schedules to a mode or Mode Schedule setting.

This is a simple fix, there is no reason, regardless of the notification settings of an indiviudal sensor, that a sensor notification should show in disarm mode.

Currently, in disarm mode, sensor notifcations appear if the sensor is set to display notifications, with no option to customize sensor notifications in disarm mode.

I’ll make the request simple, instead of customizing sensor behavior in the disarm mode setting, simply implement the following

Given the account is in disarm mode

When a sensor even occurs

Then Do not display a sensor notification

I have a flood cam that I recently purchased. It is pretty annoying to receive motion notifications when the alarm is in the disarm mode. I would like the option to only receive push notifications during home and away modes. It should be a very simple thing to add in a software update. You should have the option to choose which modes you would like to receive notifications. I can’t be the only one annoyed by this.

Mode Setting is great, but I need certain cameras to record with motion all them time (sometimes with notifications, sometimes without) so that if something did happen I could look at the recording, please add 3rd option to record on motion but not notify, then I could effectively use the Disarmed, Home, and Away modes.

Why are the Open/Close Alerts for door sensors only device-based and not mode-based? I do not want to receive alerts on my phone every time a door is opened while I am home but most certainly do while I’m away… So the only solution is to enable/disable the open/close alerts for each sensor every time I leave the house? That makes no sense.

Is it possible to get a toggle on each camera for notifications and keep the motion/recording toggle separate ?

This would be a nice feature for the times when motion snooze doesn’t cut it.

Also good for those times you want to still record but disable notifications on separate cameras.

Should also be available in selectable toggles for modes.

Looks like this feature gets enabled when you install both the ring app and the rapid ring app. But you cannot control notification settings in “modes” still.

This would be a useful option. Would be nice to set the “Home” mode to record motion but not notify.

1 Like