Option to control alerts or notifications within Modes Settings

Hi, does anyone know if this has been added or is there still no way of disabling notifications but still allowing record when motion is detected?

The scenario is for when we are at home but for 3 out of 5 cameras I don’t want to be notified of any motion detection, but recording the motion would be useful in the event you realise later on that something untoward has happened.

Appreciate any tips anybody has.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Are there any solutions to this issue?

1 Like

i just got done talking to tech, they said you can go in and turn off motion alerts in the device settings, the only issue I see with that is when you go to activate “away” mode you have to go back into each and every device and turn them back on. they should have it where when you are in “home” mode that it will auto-disable motion alerts and when you go into “away” mode it enables them back into motion notifications. how can we get this suggestion in front of someone who is in charge of development?

2 Likes

Hi. Any solution to this. Can we choose what alert notification to receive in each mode? I want motion detection at all times but do not want to get notifications while in Disarmed mode. When will we be able to control notification settings in “modes”?

1 Like

Currently, alerts for an alarm sensor is a simple on/off setting. That means if it’s turned on, regardless of which mode I’m in I’d receive alert notifications.

This needs to be configurable - based on each alarm mode.

For example, in Disarmed mode, I really don’t want to hear all the alert notifications at all - at least for me. I only need notifications in Armed mode.

This is really annoying, when in Disarmed mode when my family members are moving around the property and I receive notifications constantly.

These endless notifications simply drive me nuts.

2 Likes

Agree! We should have the ability to select which alarm mode will send notification, specifically for me, would be camera motions. When I’m in away mode, yes, enable motion push notification on select camera but perhaps when in disarm mode I don’t need to see my inside camera notices. Makes sense? This would also save tremendous amount of video space for you!

1 Like

For Ring doorbells (I have the Doorbell Pro) it would be nice to have doorbell ring notifications set depending on the doorbells mode. For example, I don’t want a notification when the doorbell is in “Home” mode since I hear my doorbell chime. However, when I’m away, I would like to receive notifications for doorbell ring.

+1 for this feature. I have the ring doorbell video 3 plus as well as floodlight cam wired pro and spotlight cam mounts. We also have the alarm with a pro subscription. I want to be notified of motion when I am in “Home” and “Away” modes but the notifications drive us nuts when we are playing outside and the the system is disabled.

I have two requests -

1. Have camera notification options configurable with different alarm mode settings.

2. Have the option to have camera modes change (independently of the alarm setting) based on geofencing.

The system is awesome. We just got it and are very happy. However, we just moved from a house with one of your competitors systems and it has done these features for years. Very suprised ring doesn’t already have this built in!

3 Likes

In the Ring app a user can set it so when the alarm is disarmed a device, such as a camera, will stop recording motion and sending motion alerts. Is there a way to set it so a camera will still record but not send alerts, when in disarmed mode? Frustrating having to turn off motion notification when home to stop constant notifications and the chime beeping and then turning on when away.

1 Like

Notifications should be customizable adding to the status of the alarm.

Would be useful to not have any notification when the alarm is disarmed, but when in Home or Away mode for the notifications to be enabled again automatically.

I believe at the moment we would have to enable/disable the notifications per device everytime we disarm/arm.

This should be customizable per device as well.

I fully agree to this. In addition it should be possible to set times you want notifications even when I’m home mode. For example; I don’t need notifications duringf daytime when I have home office and mode is sat to “Home”, but I do want it at night.

4 Likes

Agreed! This is crazy to not have. I still want motion recordings when home I just dont want the notifications every second

5 Likes

+1 here. Exactly the same situation for me.

2 Likes

Came to see how to request this as well. I thought for sure when I got my ring setup that this was standard operating procedure. Yeah I want my stuff recorded regardless, but when I’m home I don’t need notifications every time Sally runs in front of the camera upstairs. But as soon as I’m away it should swap to away mode and turn notifications on. Easy, and easy to understand why people want this feature available independently of recording as a setting in modes

4 Likes

It’s strange to see that ring system doesn’t provide options to control notifications in different modes and it’s annoying to get notifications when the system is disarmed and in home mode for motion sensors, specifically.

I definitely agree with this. I’d like notification for alarm and cameras when set to home armed or away, and be able to set certain cameras notifications to mute when set to home.

It would be nice if there was a mode that disabled notifications, but still recorded motion events. Or is that option already available and I just can’t find it?

My kids playing outside all day cause my phone to get constant notifications while I am at work; it would be great if the schedule for motion detection also had an optional tie in to the alarm system status. For instance, no alerts from 9:00am to 9:00pm, unless the family leaves to go somewhere and places the alarm in away mode, then will receive motion alerts.

I too would also love to have notifications based on armed/disarmed status. For example have certain cameras alert notification only when mode is armed, but still always recording motion events. Would save having to snooze the cameras when you’re home setting them off constantly!

Seems like a very easy option to add and I would like this feature as well.