Option to control alerts or notifications within Modes Settings

It’s frustrating this is not a “set and forget” type function. The selected Mode should determine notification settings independent of motion detection. This is very useful in high traffic areas when home during the day.

1 Like

+1 For me as well. When I am home I want People Mode on but want it off when away so i can receive ALL motion alerts.

1 Like

This! I want my cameras recording so if something happens I can look back but I don’t need to know every time my runs past

2 Likes

When we are home, we don’t need motion alerts for many cameras, however when we are armed, we would like motion alerts on them.
I’m surprised Morion Alerts aren’t available per Mode.

2 Likes

I am surprised this hasn’t received more votes. I agree completely - motion alerts should be integrated into Modes, so that the user can customize whether or not motion alerts are received in Disabled, Home, or Away modes. Current implementation does not allow this - motion alerts may only be enabled or disabled on the device itself, regardless of the mode setting. I would like very much to be able to have Motion Alerts active while in Away mode, but disabled in Home and Disabled modes.

4 Likes

I have cameras that see my kitchen porch and front porch. During the day people are in and out all the time and motion alerts from those cameras would get pretty annoying.

But in the evening when the home is locked up I definitely want to know about somebody creeping around on my porch.

These cameras are outside so it’s not appropriate to trigger an alarm entry delay on motion, probability of a false alarm is too high, but an alert to my phone/devices would be helpful.

Therefore I need to be able to turn on motion alerts based on mode.

2 Likes

Right now, when setting up modes for cameras, it seems like there are only two options you can control: motion detection, and live view. However, there is a strong use case that a third option should be available, that is to control alerts for the device with modes as well.

When I set the mode to Disabled on my ring alarm, I want to still record videos of motion, but not be alerted to them. Getting alerts for every single motion during the daytime is too much. However, if my package is missing, I want to be able to go back and check the camera for motion events… I know I can disable notifications completely for a particular device, but I would still want to get notifications of motion alerts if the alarm is armed, for example. This seems like a pretty fundamental request, and I hope it makes it into a new update soon.

3 Likes

I strongly agree. At least snapshot capture for motion.

1 Like

Yes… I’ve requested that a year ago and still nothing… I really don’t understand how this is not number one trending… seems such a basic and important features. I have notification for my camera all the time even though i am at home… this is so annoying

2 Likes

This is my top request. I’m surprised there isn’t more activity here. It seems like this would be a relatively simple and clean update.

2 Likes

When setting modes up “Away” “Home” “Disengaged” it would be nice to add the on/off selector for motion alerts for that mode.
User story would be:
As a Ring User I want to be able to turn motion alerts On/Off when selecting Cameras in _____ Mode

Just like we can enable or disable LIVE VIEW and MOTION DETECTION

1 Like

I’d like to use Mode settings, but I need to be able to record without sending notifications. For example, I’d like to set it to Home and only turn off notifications while continuing to record. That is not an option and so I don’t find mode settings helpful. Ideally the same three settings should be available for each camera in mode settings.

1 Like

Lumping together motion detection with notification setting in the Mode setting was not a good idea. It’ll be nice to have my external cams detect motion and record events even if I don’t need to be notified about it at home.

1 Like

I love my ring, but the thing I hate is how if I go to do yard work or anything outside, I have to manually snooze my phone and my wife’s phone so I’m not annoying anyone with each pass of the mower in front of the cameras.

I’d love to see something where it records but maybe snoozes all the alerts other then a doorbell press when in disarmed mode (or a user defined mode). Then when you arm away or home, you get the normal notifications of that neighborhood cat walking all over your car at 10pm lol

1 Like

+1! This seems like such a glaring omission!!

I want motion recorded but no notifications when I’m in disarmed mode.

Can’t be hard!

1 Like

I feel that there is an option missing in the modes.

I want to have the cameras record motion but not alert me to motion when in disarmed mode.
At the moment it stops all recordings and motivations when selected.

The problem is that when you are home in dismarmed mode I don’t need to know when we are walking around the property. It’s unnecessarily notifying me. However I do want it to record just in case something happens.

The only option at present is to snooze or setup a schedule. The problem then occurs when I leave my house. Set my alarm to away mode and then someone approaches the house. If I have not changed the schedule or removed the snooze it won’t tell me if someone is lurking around.
I feel like this is an important missing feature.

It seems to be easily done and I can appreciate why users don’t want indoor cams recoding when they are home. But outdoor ones need to.
Give us the option to an otherwise perfect system.
https://community.ring.com/t5/Security-Cams/Motion-notifications-and-mode-settings/m-p/59490#M13033

1 Like

Yes! I just spent 40 minutes on the phone with support over this issue. I cannot believe this isn’t a feature. The only option is to “snooze” each camera, and they actually restricted the maximum snooze time to 4 hours! This means that every 4 hours you have to go back and snooze each camera individually. RING - please make these changes to your system!

2 Likes

Just being able to change notification options per mode would be ideal. Like you, I don’t really want notifications when I’m at home, but I want to record as a precaution.

3 Likes

It’s unbelievable that this hasn’t been implemented yet.

2 Likes

Please allow the setting of Motion Notifications by mode.
I currently have a schedule set to only recieve Motion Notifications at night. What I’d like to do is have the ability to override this and recieve notifications based on Mode.
For example, when leaving the house I would like to set to Away mode and recieve motion notifications when I am out of the house.
I really can’t understand why this isn’t already a function, feels like it would be easy to do as you can select motion capture in this way already and it would be incredibly useful. Thanks

2 Likes