Open sensor indicator light

My old, hardwired alarm has a light on the keypad that indicates if there is an open sensor. I frequently look at it to make sure everything is closed (doors, windows, gate, garage door, etc…). It is green if everything is closed, red if something is left open. I am trying to figure out how to do a quick “is anything open” check with Ring. How can I do that? Does the keypad or base station indicate if something is left open?

Hi @texag93. Yes, there is a quick way to tell if a sensor is open. Simply open the Ring app and look right under the Mode Status. If there is a sensor open, it will say what sensor is open. If there are none open, it will read “All Sensors Cleared”. I hope this helps.

Thx @Tom_Ring ! That helps. I was hoping for a visual indicator on the keypad or base station similar to my old hard-wired alarm. Something I could just glance at without pulling out my phone. Maybe that is not currently support by Ring.

1 Like

Hi @texag93. Glad I could provide you with a solution! Feel free to add this idea to our Feature Request board. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!