Open Close Chirp not working

The contact sensors have never worked as advertised. I enabled OPEN CHIRP for a contact sensor but when I enabled CLOSE CHIRP that never worked. Silent.

Hi there, @FixMacs! It sounds like you are doing everything correctly here. When toggling the Open/ Closed Alerts toggles, please also check the Chirp Tones option to ensure a tone is selected. I recommend also going to the Ring app Menu > Settings > Modes to check the chirp options for each mode will allow chirps to be played as intended. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I checked the Chirp Tone. Enabled. I checked the Mode Settings. Chirps are Enabled in all modes. Nothing has been changed since June when I posted this question. No amount of toggling the Chirp When Closed will work. When the contact sensor was initialized, set up, the Chirp When Open was set and that is working. The contact will chirp when open but not chirp when closed. This seems to be some kind of bug or corrupted device.

Hi @FixMacs. What type of phone are you using and what version of the Ring app is installed? Open Alerts and Close Alerts should send push notifications to your phone to let you know the status of the Contact Sensor. Changing the Chirp Tone will only affect the noise the Base Station makes when the Contact Sensor is opened.

iPhone. Ring App version is the latest. I have updated the Ring app several times over the past couple of months. This is a long-standing problem. I think I should uninstall and reinstall the contact. Version 5.41.0 installed July 6th.

The lights on the Keypad are not working properly, either. Yes, I checked the Keypad LED setting. The lights for the Alarm Status work, but not the lights for the keypad number buttons.

Thank you for checking those variables, @FixMacs! It looks like we’ve covered all the best steps to get this to work as intended. As you are having concerns with a couple Keypad features, please attempt a reset on the Keypad to see if this will resolve it.

To factory reset your Keypad, press and hold the pinhole reset button in the back of the Keypad for 10 seconds, until it flashes red.

Please note: This will remove device settings such as chirps and volume adjustments and reset the device back to the original default settings. Thus, you will want to reconfigure your Keypad settings before testing. Please also plug the Keypad into power during tests.

If this concern persists, despite trying the above steps in this thread, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Your professional assistance was most welcomed. Have a great day.

1 Like

But this software is still broken.

I called RING last night and they walked me through going to the app and selecting Devices =>Base Station=>Audio Settings and adjusted my volumen (somehow it has been set to zero).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.