Only 1 light illuminates on Ring Spotlight Cam

Hi, recently only 1 light is illuminated on my Ring Spotlight Can (battery version). Both batteries have been fully charged, removed and replaced. Motion is detected and recorded perfectly well, it is just that the device is only illuminating 1 light that is the problem. Does this mean that the device is faulty or is there a reset option I can use which might resolve the problem, please?
Thanks!

Hi @MervC. Can you please attach a picture of your Ring Camera? The Spotlight Cam only has one light on it that would illuminate whenever motion is detected, while the Floodlight Cam has two lights, but the Floodlight Cam is a wired device that doesn’t use batteries to power it. A picture may help the Community get a better idea of what device you have and what the concern is. :slight_smile:

Hi Caitlyn,
Thanks for the reply!
The device is a spotlight camera, battery version, definitely with a strip light either side at the front with only one side illuminating. This seems light a faulty bulb so is it possible to get that checked and replaced, please?
Hopefully I have managed to attach a pic of the model below.
Thanks for your help,
Merv

1 Like

Hi there, @MervC! Thank you for confirming the model with that picture. These lights should always illuminate together, so your observation that a replacement might be needed is likely correct. As this is a battery device, removing and reinserting the battery will power cycle the Camera and possibly resolve the lighting. If not, try also resetting the Camera by holding the setup button for 20 seconds.

If the light will still not work as intended, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

1 Like