Ongoing iPhone app is so slow to load picture

Hi people. I’m still having issue with the iPhone app not loading the preview of the units i use - not even when someone is there. It takes so long with the app. Yes the software on everything is current and yes I have reinstalled everything. I did notice that the web-browser works faster, so why can’t it work this fast on the 4 different iPhones (XR, 11, 13) that we use in the house. IT is very much specific to the app irrespective of what I reinstall or update on all 4 phones (owned by 3 people - im not that rich lol). Thoughts please. And there are no resolutions on the other topics i could find. tx

PS it affects all 8 of my ring products too, leaving me with the impression it is an app based issue x

Hi @user29778. Is this happening when on WiFi or using cellular data? Also, make sure that you are not using a VPN and that your Ring app has all permissions enabled and turned on. If possible, please share a screen recording of what you are experiencing so I can share it with my team. Thanks, neighbor.

Hi Tom_ring. happens on cellular and 5g data. Irony is, that Safari on the same phone as the ring app, answers within 3 seconds - App hangs for 30 + seconds if it ever loads before it gives up. Shame there is no microphone option with safari on the phone! App is pretty awful 90% of the time

Hi @user29778. Thanks for this information. I’ll be sure to report this concern for you. Ensure that your Ring app is up to date and that the Ring app has permissions enabled and toggled on. Additionally, the lower the RSSI for your device, the better it will perform.

As an iPhone user Tom, i am obsessed with updating it - not sure if that is good or bad - lol.
It seems the App is the culprit here and is slow to load and respond, as I mentioned, the iPhone browser (Safari) loads the picture in 3-4 seconds - much quicker. Would be grateful for any support you can gain from Ring. Hope the new year is good to us all. :+1:t4:

1 Like

Hello,
I’m really happy to see that someone else has the same problem with the very slow performance in the RING app on an Iphone. I was searching for a long time for a thread where this topic is discussed and finally I found it here.
But I’m quite sad because it seems that the thread ends here, but no solution was written.
Could you please let me know if you have found a solution for that problem? I have exactly the same problem as desbribed by “user29778”.
I would appreciate an answer :slight_smile:

Hi @user78902. This thread is over a year old, so you may not receive any reply from the original poster. For the Ring app, please make sure it is fully updated to the latest version. I’d also check that your phone’s software is updated, and that your phone has a strong connection via either wifi or cellular data. A poor connection or outdated operating software can affect app performance.

We have more information on mobile device compatibility here as well. If this issue persists after checking all of the above, you can reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here. You can also get in touch with our support team on Facebook @Ring.

Hello Caitlyn,

thank you very much for the quick reply. I’m really fed up with those answers because I’m gettting those also when I’m contacting the RING support. I wanted contact now again the support via chat, but the chat aborts ALWAYS after a few minutes, even if I use another web browser.
In the thread above is perfectly explained what the problem is. It is not related to updating my IPhone or the RING app on my Iphone, as both are running with the newest software. It is also not related to my cellular connection. If I access the live view of my devices through the safari browser, the connection is established quite fast. But with the RING app it takes minimum 30 seconds, but mostly it says the connection is not possible. I’m sharing the device access with my wife and she is using the same Iphone with exactly the same mobile phone contract and she has not those connection problems in the RING app. Just in case I tried also my SIM card in my wifes IPhone and there was also NO connection problem in the RING app. So, I can rule out the speed of my cellular connection.
I also deleted the RING app on my Iphone many times and reinstalled it, but the problem is the same.
I reset also all my RING devices and connected them again to the app, but the problem is also still the same.
I really miss the RAPID RING APP. Wouldn’t it be possible to start it up again?
I’m paying for the RING services and the devices were also not cheap and therefore I’m expecting that someone from the RING team takes my complaint seriously and finds a solution. It should also be in the spirit of RING, as I am apparently not the only one with this problem, as you can read above.
Thank you!!!

@user78902 Thanks for sharing that your wife using the same iPhone does not have the same issue, as this narrows down the cause to something related to your phone specifically. If it was related to the app or the connection on your Ring devices, the issue would persist on your wife’s phone as well. Try cross checking the permissions and settings on your phone with your wife’s phone to see if there are any differences. I’d also recommend checking the storage on your phone to see if you are close to the limit and need to remove or offload some unused apps.

Ultimately if the issue continues to persist after general troubleshooting, you would need to contact our support team for more in-depth assistance. We do not have access to any account or device details on the Ring Community since this is a public forum geared towards general questions and concerns. I wouldn’t advise contacting chat support for complex concerns, as they are more limited in their scope. It would be best to contact support via phone or through Facebook @Ring.