Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
U
One year old doorbell 3 stopped working
connectivity
battery-video-doorbell
troubleshooting

After one year my doorbell 3 camera stopped working. It states that it cannot connect to my WiFi, yet I have a floodlight camera farther away that has no issues whatsoever. I called customer support and was told they would open up a service ticket and I would hear back. Naturally never got a call back. I hopefully I can get some help on here before my protect plan tries to renew, as I’m not paying to have a non working product.

23-12-2023 04:17:09

Responses (1)

C

Hi @user72300. The Ring Community is a public forum, where we can offer general troubleshooting steps you can try. We can’t view any account or device details. Since the Live View is not working, reboot your Doorbell from the Device Health page, which should only take a few moments. After the reboot is complete, check the RSSI on the Device Health page to see how strong the signal is.

In addition to a strong signal, you also need sufficient download and upload speeds. To check your speeds, turn the mobile data off on your phone and perform a speed test at the installation location of the Doorbell. Your internet service provider can assist if you aren’t receiving the download and upload speed you should be. Lastly, ensure the ports and protocols used by Ring devices are open on your network. If none of these steps work, I’d suggest following up with our support team to take another look.

26-12-2023 07:56:49

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User