Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
K
One of the two batteries not recharging
troubleshooting
wireless-security-cameras

One of the two batteries in my Ring Spotlight Can Pro is not recharging through the solar panel. The other battery is doing fine. Both batteries, the solar panel, and the camera were installed in July 2023 and have been working great until this week (Dec 15, 2023). How do I get this working correctly?

16-12-2023 07:35:41

Responses (1)

T

Hi @Kevatlarge. Can you explain how you have come to this conclusion? What is the battery percentage at? What battery slot is it in? Have you tried switching the batteries in the battery slot?

18-12-2023 04:50:01

K

Hello Tom. I appreciate the response. I only know what I see in the app. One battery appears to be hovering between 84-90% while the other is stuck at 2%. The camera continues to work as it did before. I do need to use a ladder to access the camera so I am hoping you can provide as much information as possible to avoid multiple ladder set ups. Thanks.

18-12-2023 09:17:45

K

By the way it is battery 1 that is stuck at 2%

18-12-2023 09:18:32

T

Hi @Kevatlarge. Thank you for the response. Here’s what I would suggest: Try removing the “good battery” and leaving the low battery in there to see if it charges in either slot. You can take the battery out and charge it to full, then put it back in the camera and see if it is able to maintain the battery level. Use a paint pen of something to label the batteries so they don’t get mixed up. What we’d like to determine is if the battery is bad, or the device isn’t charging in a specific slot.

19-12-2023 02:51:49

K

Hello Tom - I switched the batteries and here are the results:
Before: battery 1 @ 2%, battery 2 @ 81%
After: battery 1 @ 42%, battery 2 @ 81%

I think it is weird that battery 2 showed 81% both and after since they are different batteries. Both batteries appear to be charging. Perhaps one jiggled loose in the wind? I will update later as I learn more.

19-12-2023 09:30:06

T

Hi @Kevatlarge. That is odd, but thank you for sharing. If possible, try to vacuum in the battery ports to ensure nothing is causing a loose connection. Please keep us updated on the status of this.

20-12-2023 04:53:03

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User