Old CCTV system adapter?

I had a CCTV came system installed 10 years ago linked to a hard drive system the indoor cameras are wired in with what I think are coax and possibly just have power going to them of some low voltage. Would it be possible to just replace and get some kind of adapter of some sort?

Hi @Thecount. Ring devices aren’t compatible in any way with a CCTV system. There are no adapters to wire Ring devices to an existing CCTV system, as Ring Cameras are not designed to function as a CCTV system. You can find an overview of the features and power requirements for each Ring Camera here to see what may work best for your situation.

Sorry, maybe I confused you. All I was trying to do was utilise the 12v powercables that are being used for my analogue CCTV cameras and use these.

The good news is, I got it to work. we’ll finally got it to work. Purchased a DC 12v 24v to 5v Step Down:

https://amzn.eu/d/7yPvG9N

worked a treat… See photos (ignore its one a white casing! I will be changing it…

I have a question about another project… So… I have a ring doorbell which has a battery BUT I would like to run power to it and its close to this camera. I’m thinking… Could I take a feed off the power cable I have just converted and run it to the doorbell? I suspect that it also runs off 5v?

Hi @Thecount. I’m happy to chime in. I recommend reviewing the information for your Doorbell model to check its power requirements when being hardwired in our Help Center. Most of our battery-operated Doorbells require an 8-24 VAC, 40 VA max, 50/60 Hz transformer to trickle charge. You cannot use a DC transformer/power supply. The only DC power supply you can use on our Doorbells is a Ring Plug-In Adapter (2nd Generation). We do not recommend wiring our Doorbells any other way, nor do we have information on any other ways of wiring them.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.