Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
U
Old battery doorbell won't connect to modern wifi rounter
connectivity
battery-video-doorbell
troubleshooting

Situation: Video 2 battery doorbell will not connect to my wifi. Seems to work otherwise, I get as far as connecting to the wifi but it ends with two blinking white right lights blinking. I have looked up and down as to what this might mean but I can’t find it. Does anyone know what it means when the RIGHT white lights blink? I know for certain the password is correct. This is for both 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands, although the bad doorbell in question can’t seem to find the 5ghz band which the wired one is set up on. The wired doorbell will not connect or work on the 2.4 band at all.

I know the wifi (both bands) are working because my wired doorbell works fine, and as do other wireless devices on the same network. Any advice?

27-12-2023 03:01:37

Responses (1)

C

Hi @user72565. Both the Video Doorbell 2 and the Video Doorbell (2nd Gen) are only compatible with a 2.4GHz network. If the 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same network name and password, try separating the bands. We also have various troubleshooting steps here. If none of these steps work, please reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available here. You can also get in touch with our support team on Facebook @Ring.

28-12-2023 08:41:34

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User