Notification Configuration

I only want to receive notifications from my ring devices (video doorbell, outdoor cameras) only when the system is armed. In fact, I’d like to disable them completely when the base station is disarmed to save battery life. How can I do this?

Currently the only way I see is to create a rule, but I really don’t want to have to remember to create rules for each device and disable them when we’re at home. The notifications have become annoyingly excessive.

Hey @KathyGibson96! You’ll be happy to hear this functionality is obtainable through the Modes feature in the Ring app. This feature allows you to customize 3 modes (disarmed, home, away) to control all of, or the chosen, Ring devices at once. Disarmed Mode, by default, will disable motion detection and live view on your Cameras, as well as disarm Alarm sensors.

If you do not see this feature in your app, it will become available in a future update. Feel free to remove and reinstall the Ring app on your mobile device to check for any updates. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: