Not Showing Hardwired

Help. I have rewired my doorbell 2 to existing wires and transformer. I noticed that this was not working correctly. I ran new wiring from a new transistor (other was older model), and still not picking up as it being hardwired. I have tested the voltage from the wires and it is pulling correctly at 18v. I am at a loss as to what I should do next. Could my doorbell connections be faulty?

Hi there, @JPerkins! The voltage supplied by the transformer sounds proper at 18v AC. The hardwiring indicator in the Ring app can take some time to appear, but can also be helped as long as the charge supplied is effective. To clarify, obtaining power from wiring is half the battle, in which limiting usage, excessive motion events, or lengthy live views can make this charge more effective and noticeable. There are variables described in our Community post that can drain battery, and fine tuning your device to optimize battery charge will help for the provided power to charge as intended. If the hardwired indication is still not showing in the Ring app, try removing and reinstalling the Ring app on your mobile device. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

I have removed and reinstalled the app, still to no avail. Could it be that my device has a factory defect and does not allow my device to be hardwired correctly?