Not receiving verification code after password change

Hi, I am trying to help my father out who is having issues with ring app (android) after installing on his new phone.

App was installed but he is not receiving the emails with the verification codes when trying to log in from new device. He changed his password and got an email through saying password was changed but when we try to verify on log in we again don’t receive the email with the codes.

He phoned ring support yesterday but the girl on the phone was about as much use as a chocolate fireguard and her go to response was “Well the email has been sent”.

I’ve checked through his spam folder etc and no sign of any emails from ring with a verification code.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as he is starting to nip my head about it.

Hi @StuPat78. The verification email should be going through, but there may be something blocking it. Make sure any spam filters on your father’s email inbox are disabled, as these may be preventing the verification email from coming through. Double-check all junk, spam, and promotions folders to make sure it’s not there. If you’re still unable to receive the verification code, I would recommend following up with our support team with your father so they can pull up the account and take a closer look to see why the email is not coming through. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Sorry Caitlyn but we have tried all of that, including calling the support team who were no use what so ever. Ended up setting him up on a gmail account rather than yahoo and everything seems ok.