Not receiving Ring alerts when motion notifications are enabled.

Hi All,

I have a problem that if I enable moniton notifications, and someone pressing the button I only receive motion notification, and missing the ring alert notification.

It seems that device not able to handle if motion and ring push msgs are close together.

I have a brand new Ring 3, hardwired power, great wifi coverage, 1gbit fiber internet connection.

Anybody else experinced this?

BR

Zoli

Hey @djsomi. Have you tried toggling the Ring Alerts on and off from the device profile page? Additionally, I’d suggest uninstalling the Ring App, restarting your phone to clear the cache, and reinstalling the Ring App. This troubleshooting step will often clear up and notification concerns. Let me know how that works! :slight_smile:

Hi,

Thank you for your answer, Im using ring app on an ipohoneXS, on an ipad pro, ipad2019, and an android phone, and experinecnig the same, so I think its not related to phones/tablets.

Ring notif is working anyway, the problem is if somone pressing the button “too fast” after the ring senses motion, I get only motion notif, and ring notif not coming from ring.

BR

Zoli

@djsomi Thanks for letting me know. I’d suggest resetting your Doorbell and taking it through a new setup in the Ring App. Hold down the setup button on the Doorbell to reset it. Once that’s complete, you’ll want to set it up again in the Ring App by following the steps under Set Up a Device. If this concern with the ring notifications still persists after trying those steps, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. They’ll be able to work directly with you to find a solution for this concern and make sure everything is working properly. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.