Not receiving notification on my Galaxy S10

Phone stopped receiving motion/ring alerts recently. Started happening in the last couple of days. When I navigate to the “Events” screen, the new motion/ring events are there but phone never received the notifications when the events heppened.

No changes have been made to any settings. It has been working fine until reently. I checked the phone’s “notications” settings, which has the Ring apps enabled. Within the Ring app, all the alert settings are still enabled.

Please help.

1 Like

Fixed. Had to “Clear data” for the Ring app in Settings. Working after that.

Same problem, only it’s intermittent. Tried everything including clearing cache. Haven’t cleared data but doesn’t this mean you have to reinstall all devices ?

1 Like

Hi there, @Ppanther! Your Ring devices are housed on your Ring account, rather than per app. This way, you are able to view your Ring device from multiple mobile devices or even by web browser, if you wish. As you are using Android, please ensure there are not any Android apps the might conflict with the Ring app. Please also ensure there is not vpn enabled. Feel free to let us know how it goes! :slight_smile:

Thanks Marley. I had a VPN installed and have uninstalled that, but none of the apps listed are on the phone. It’s better but notifications are still intermittent !

I am having the same problem. Any fix?

Hi @Dcascario. If the suggestions in Marley’s post don’t work, you can also find more troubleshooting tips for Android devices in our Help Center Article here. If this concern continues to persist, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can take a closer look for you. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am having exactly the same. I cleared the cache and it worked fine for a day then back to no notifications

Hi @Shiffa. If you have tried the recommended troubleshooting steps mentioned in the previous responses and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call for further assistance.