Not happy with my Upgrade Doorbell

I was really happy with my older Ring Doorbell so I went and purchased the newer 2020 version. Thinking after 3 years things would of improved but it seems not. For starters, the way the cover now mounts on the wall adapter is almost impossible not to loose a screw as they are so small and need to be unscrewed all the way out to remove or to place the cover back onto the mount. You need to remember, not all users are young and many of us older people are not as steady either.
Second, the audio is very choppy at times compared to the old unit and it actually is useless in my opinion. I now am considering puting my my older version ring doorell back up, and using this newer version as a paper weight.

Not a happy customer :frowning:

Sorry to hear about this experience, @KimmerH! The audio on your new Video Doorbell should certainly be improved or the same as your previous model. If the new Video Doorbell is being mounted in the same location as the original one, the audio should certainly be the same, as should wifi signal. In this case, I recommend resetting your Video Doorbell by holding the setup button for 20 seconds. If this concern persist, and you’ve confirmed wifi connection is not interfered with, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Marley, the newer ring doorbell is in the same location as the older version was and nothing has changed as Wifi setup.

I’ll try the reset procedure the next time I take it down for battery charge, as it’s a real b*tch to attempted to screw in and out the mounting screws on the doorbell without dropping the screws. What an assinine mounting setup this new unit has compared to the older unit. It really would of been nice if the screws had some extra thickness in the mounting area so they didn’t have to be unscrewed all the way out and you could leave them attached when you have to remove for charging, like I was able to do with my older doorbell.

Thanks for the information, hope it works or my old unit will be going back up.