Not all devices showing on Ring app on Mac OS

Hi,

I have 4 ring cameras (doorbell and 3 floodlights) but on my Mac within Ring app I can only see my video doorbell on the list of all devices. On my iOS I can see all of them. And ideas how to fix it or what might be the issue?

Thanks,

Filip

Hey @filip88. Have you tried deleting the Ring app from your Mac computer and reinstalling it? Give that a try, as well as a computer reboot (off/ on), and double check you are logging in with account owner credentials. If you still do not see your other devices, please ensure there are not multiple locations within your Ring app menu. Let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

I have the same problem. I just added a new security camera and it is not showing up in the macos app. This is not a corner case and it shouldn’t require me to reinstall the app or reset the universe. Ring would do well to address common use cases and fix annoying bugs in their software.

FWIW, this is my third Ring device and I am slowly heading twoards regretting my decsison.

2 Likes

What’s the problem with having more that one location?

I have a ring device in Portugal as well as 2 in the UK. I can no longer see the Portugal device in the Ring app on my iPhone but can still view through the Ring app on my Mac desktop.

Why has it disappeared from my iPhone app?

Hi @NickA. For your specific concern, I wanted to offer some help so you can locate where the other location is on your Ring app on your phone. If you open up the Ring app on your iPhone and click on the main menu at the top left, you will see a name of one of your locations above Dashboard. Select this, and then tap on your other location. From here, you can toggle between your UK and Portugal locations to see both of your devices. The app on the Mac shows all devices at once, no matter the location, which may be why there were some differences between the two apps for you. Hope this helps!

1 Like

Hi, Thanks for your reply. The problem was solved yesterday by the Ring helpdesk in exactly the way you mentioned. Apparently, the temporary disruption was caused by the recent update to the App which changed the default from seeing all the devices to only see those in a specific location unless you toggle it back to ‘view all’ which I have now done.

Many thanks for taking the time to respond.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue: I have 2 doorbells and 2 cams. The newest one (“front door”) is missing on the MacOS app but is right there in the iOS app. Ironically, I can see notifications from the “front door” but cannot see the device in my list. I only have one location.

What gives??

3 Likes

Hey @sljorgensen. Thank you for sharing your experience with us regarding the Ring Windows app. The reason you are not seeing your new Doorbell in the Windows or Mac app is because the desktop app no longer receives device or feature updates, though they will continue to receive critical security and bug updates. This means that you will not see new features and devices that we sell, within the desktop app. You can learn more about this here. We suggest using Ring.com to view your devices on a desktop computer. The team here is continuously working to add features to improve your Ring.com experience. Thank you for being a great neighbor, please let us know if you have any additional questions

I am not understaning why Ring lists “wired” ring doorbell as not supported on a Mac. My issue is i can see my front Ring but not my back. Does anyone have a answer to that issue ? Thank you

This is not the best suggestion, as the ring.com site only shows history and not the live feed. So you are saying that since you no longer update your macOS and windows app (if you are not updating them you should just remove them from the stores), we have to keep using our phone (inconvenient) or purchase a tablet just to be able to see the live feeds?

2 Likes

I have the same problem my app on my MacBook will not play any of the videos listed there and also the doorbell is not listed . the ring website plays the files no problem as does the app on my iphone .catalina 10.15.7 and ring app Version 2.8.3 (810). and macbook is up to date .

I have a similar problem. I have 2 locations and can see all cameras (3 battery, 1 floodlight) on iphone and ipad (which is a really old ipad2), but cannot see my wired floodight on the ring.com from my laptop.

I have the same exact problem!

It’s sad that someone up the hierarchy decided to stop support of the ring.com app for MacOS. I work at my Mac all day, and it was very convenient to answer the doorbell on my Mac. My old Doorbell 1 lost its ability to detect motion some years ago, so I decided to update it to a Doorbell 4. Which is not recognised by the Mac app, only the iOS app. So there’s not much point in cluttering up my disk storage with an app which someone thinks is no longer needed… This is the first disappointment I’ve had with ring.com in several years.

It shows as solved, but it is not solved. He is talking about Mac OS, and the answer is about the Windows app. I have the same problem Ring Mac OS app is not showing all of the cameras.

Hi @Mikemng. The Ring app for Windows and Mac are no longer supported. We’ve made the migration to Ring.com. Thanks, neighbor.

I just bought two floodlight pro’s and now I am finding out that the app for macos is not supported. As much as I like the ring cloud storage and gui of your product this is a deal breaker that should have been documented. I now have to take both units down and ship them back to you. I will be switching to another product. (TBD) If anyone wants three ring door bells you will be able to find them on CL soon.

Hi Tom-Ring. I am having the same problem and I have now just read your explanation. So for me to see all my Ring devises on Mac OS, I have to log onto ring.com and have my phone ready to receive the six digit passcode and then logon…what an absolutely pain in the backside. Also, I can only fully control the devises, is with the app on my phone. This is a bit like, when fire was first discovered and someone walked over and put it out…

1 Like

Same problem. My wired ring door bell’s alerts are received but is not viewable from MacOS App. Adding my comment in the hope of fix for the upcoming app update.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.