Not able to delete a deactivated device

Hello,

I have a new Ring device, but I am not able to delete the already deactivated device from my app. The old devices do not show in the menu when I log in to my desktop account, but my phone app still shows two old deactivated devices. I have read instructions about going to the device settings of the old device to delete it, but the “device settings”-menu isn’t even visible when the device is already deactivated.

5 Likes

Hi @NitorOps. If you are not able to remove the Ring devices from your account, reach out to our support team for further assistance. Give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

The instructions online are not correct.

For an already deactivated device, on the home page, there will be a tile for the deactivated device below your activated devices.

There is a crossed-circle icon (:no_entry_sign:) on the tile. If you tap that, and not the tile itself, a dialog will tell you that the device is disabled. Scroll to the bottom and click “Delete this Device” and confirm the deletion.

Click the three bars at the top right of the tiles if they are small and the icon is hard to tap, but you can do it either way.

5 Likes

Hi @jtbowden. Thank you for sharing steps that worked for you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.