No video found

When going to watch recorded footage it constantly says ‘no video found’

I have the same issue. Hoping someone responds to you with help!

The best thing to check first is Protect Plan subscription status, and if these recordings will play when you log in at Ring.com from a web browser. Please ensure there is not a VPN enabled on your mobile device.

I recommend also checking your RSSI in the device health section of the Ring app, to confirm an optimal wifi signal with no interference during these times. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

same thing is happening to me and I can’t figure out why it is happening

Hi @user3600. if you’ve checked everything in Marley’s previous post and this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can look into this further with you and troubleshoot appropriately. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

I contacted Ring support via phone over a month ago to report the same issue. I have expressed that my wifi signal is not the issue. I have previously viewed these recordings without issue. The initial support rep said my ticket was being escalated and promised a callback shortly. …it’s been over a month. I made it clear that these videos were scheduled to be used in a court case. These videos show proof of “Domestic Abuse” and the videos document the key information needed to possibly save a womens life. I am very disappointed with Ring since I expressed how serious this loss of video is. I was hoping for a better resolution besides ignorance.

Beau

1 Like

My subscription is active. I use a VPN but the video 5 minutes before and 8 minutes following load fine. So not a VPN issue. My rssi is -43. Really annoying that this happens and has just started in the last month.

1 Like

Same issues here, and I’ve tried all suggestions given by Ring. I’m curious if everyone has older Ring devices? Mine is a Ring 2.

1 Like

Have the same problem and it started recently. No issues with wifi , tested right next to ring 100/40 or download/upload speed , 400/40 tested at router. Gen1 ring and no other issues other than this spotty behavior of videos not found. Did something change on how this device is supported? A way to force a replacement?

2 Likes

Same issue with Ring 3, wifi signal strong (use an extender) still have issues today

1 Like

Same problem, no video. Hate paying for stuff that doesn’t work. I have Gen 1. Looks like it’s time to look at other doorbells

2 Likes

Same issue, started about a month ago. I have had this camera in the same location for 1 1/2 years, no problem with how far it is from my wifi. Last night at least 5 saying no video. Crime in our town has gone up 100% the last few years. Punks breaking into cars every night. Now I have a camera that WON"T record anything. Can I get a refund on this camera if it continues? As it is of no use to me right now… And No there are no videos when I sign into Ring.com either.

2 Likes

I have been having this same problem for months, and NONE of your ‘ring staff’ suggestions are effective or credible. The problem started after several previous “updates” to the ring app in my case, and it would seem to me that you are not looking in the right place to find a correction. Your ring doorbell algorithm is flawed or ‘broken’ and needs to be fixed. This ‘problem’ does not affect anything but my ‘doorbell’ camera, no other cameras are affected. FIX your problem.

2 Likes

Hi neighbors! If you’re receiving an error message when trying to view videos from your Event History, first check the status of your Ring Protect plan to ensure it is active. if your subscription was not active at the time that the event occurred, you will not have access to the video.

Additionally, ensure that you do not have a VPN enabled on your mobile device. The Ring app does not support the use of a VPN, and you may run into error messages or problems using the Ring app and its features if you have a VPN enabled.

It’s also recommended to review the RSSI for your Doorbell or Security Camera on the Device Health screen in the Ring app. The RSSI can tell you if the wifi signal your Ring device is receiving is stable or if it’s unstable and there is possible interference. An unstable wifi connection could result in errors with the recording of events on your Doorbell or Camera. You can find more information on wifi in our Help Center Article here.

If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can take a more in-depth look and assist with all applicable troubleshooting steps. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

I’m also having this issue and seems to be happening more often. Today I got the alert someone was on porch and actually watched person, fortunately was guy upstairs talking to neighbor and when I went to view recording—-you guessed it “No Video Found”
Bewildered at this -2 other videos within minutes before and after their conversation also came up “No Video Found”