Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
A
No sound inside (pro power?)
hardwired-video-doorbell
installation
troubleshooting
We recently moved in to a new home with a ring doorbell and camera and are trying to figure out how it works. I’ve connected the front doorbell to my new ring account fine, but when someone rings the bell it does not make any sound inside the house. We have a doorbell chime in our main room and when I take the face plate off there is a little square thing with ring branding on it wired in. Searching tells me this is a “ring pro power” tho I’m not sure that’s the right term. I don’t know if there’s a setup step here I’m missing to connect my ring doorbell to this ring “chip” inside our chime? The doorbell itself has power and app says good voltage - just you can’t hear when someone rings it unless you have your phone nearby despite having a rather large chime on the wall with some kind of ring chip installed. Any thoughts?

23-07-2023 10:04:04

Responses (1)

C
Hi @Aitrus. I'm guessing you have a Video Doorbell Pro since you mentioned a Pro Power Kit. Can you please check the Device Health page in the Ring app to confirm the Doorbell model name? Not every chime kit is compatible with every Doorbell model, which could be why the chime kit does not ring.

25-07-2023 10:11:43

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User