No snapshots appearing

Hi, I have a new stick up cam plug in and despite turning on the option for snapshots in settings nothing is appearing in the timeline except motion activation or live view recordings. I’ve tried toggling the feature on and off and changing the frequency but nothing works. I’ve only just installed the camera and it did a firmware upgrade so presumably it should be at the latest version.

1 Like

Hi @IanH. It’s worth noting that a Ring Protect plan subscription is required in order to utilize the Snapshot Capture feature. With a valid subscription and having the feature enabled, you should then see the snapshots on your Event Timeline specifically. If you’re not seeing these, would you mind sharing screenshots showing that you have Snapshot Capture enabled as well as your Event Timeline showing no snapshots taken?

I’m running into this exact same issue a year and a half later. I have the basic plan for my ring outdoor camera and the snapshot feature turned on to capture every 5 minutes. Firmware is up to date and wifi is good. Nothing in my timeline is showing snapshots other than live events and motion detection. Very disappointed as my neighbor had their package stolen last night.

Hi @user30262. I have responded to your other post mentioning the same concern.