No Ring network appears in my Wifi network during setup

I removed the battery from the device and then setup actually worked (Android).

1 Like

I have poor connection in my ring Bell

Hi @Marvin52! Poor connection concerns are often related to wifi, mobile device, or Ring app communication variables. The best first thing to check is your wifi signal strength, or RSSI, which can be found in the Device Health section of your Ring app. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength.

Removing and reinstalling the Ring app is a quick way to ensure it is up to date and optimally integrated with your mobile device. On your mobile device, try testing video on wifi only, and then on data only, to see if either connection is more efficient. Please also ensure bluetooth is disabled. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Don’t know how visible this will be, hopefully my comments will benefit someone.

After using my ring for over a year or so, mine lost connection. It told me to enter set up mode, then said I need to connect to the Ring Network to which I found none in my wifi settings. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Ring app like one of the comments below suggests, but that didn’t work.

What worked is I:

1. Dismounted the ring from the wall.
  2. Unscrewed the wire connectors and removed the wires
  3. The device was still on because of its internal battery, so I held down the doorbell button for 10+ seconds which shut the device off entirely.
  4. Reconnected the wires

The device booted up and reconnected to the wifi on its own. Just needed a hard reboot, and the above steps is how I did it. If you don’t have a ring that’s hard wired to your home, it’s the battery only version, I don’t know what to tell you. Find out how to hard reboot your Ring.

Of course, don’t forget to mount your ring back to the wall when you’re done.

2 Likes

I had the same problem, and did everything they said to. Laura at customer service was very helpful. If your ring device doesn’t have a white light circling, Take the front faceplate off the lower half of the ring unit. Top right of the front is a button. Push that. It made my white light circle and then the ring network showed up. Then it walked me through the rest of the set-up. Thank you Laura.

1 Like

This did not work for me.

1 Like

I have tried:

• reinstall app

• attempt connection on a second device

• close all apps

• restart router and devices

my iPhone and iPad devices can see the Ring-nnnnnn network during the install but the Ring app does see either the Ring- network or my home network I the NW list during the connection process.

You’ve certainly covered all the right steps, @Cuthbi! If the network is still not showing up, or is showing and not accepting connection, this may require a more in-depth look from our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

All of a sudden after 1 year my Ring no longer connects to WIFI and I cannot locate the wifi on ring it keeps showing OFFLINE and will not connect!!

Any suggestions? or is this a usual RING thing?

Hi Brian, could you explain how you connect the Ring directly to your router? Thanks.

Had the same issue as you and many others, very frustrating! How I fixed mine (I have Ring Pro device) - check that the ring device is powered and has a white or blue ring swirling or flashing, remove the faceplate using the tool provided, push the setup button and hold it in for a full 30 seconds (you will see the ring light go off and on again), then release the button. This will do a full reset on the ring device. Now go to the app and go thru the setup mode again. In the app, you can also skip using your phone camera to scan the barcode or QR code and just select the device manually. This prevents the app from trying to automatically connect and prevent the pop ups on your phone when it fails to connect before you can get to the phone wifi settings to select the Ring-xxxx wifi name. Hope this helps!

1 Like

We are having the same issue - no wifi shows up on our network. Very frustrating. We isntalled a new 24 V 30AV transformer …our ring doorbell pro worked for almost one month until the day our trial period ended. Prior to that date, we did pay for the year subscription. This is very frustrating as it has not worked properly since ~Oct. 10. Have had two separate calls to ring support. We did everthing that was suggested, have tried and retried to use the bell. After the new transformer was intstalled the doorbell worked for several hours, then went off line again. This is extremely maddening as we have done everything suggested and then again. I think we may have a DUD…would like to be sent a new doorbell pro and go forth from there. Bought from Best Buy as well, so cannot return it. This is unacceptable service. Now we have been without adequate camera footage for several days. At this point, I would not suggest a ring doorbell to anyone either. There are so man simlar posts…fix this problem!!

We did all that, still no luck.

Thank you for your reply, though. We have done that over and over again.

I also installed a new router and had the same problem. One of the replies mentioned removing the side plate from the ring doorbell and pressing the button. ** This is key #1**! This puts Ring into setup mode. At first, I was unable to connect and still received 'unable to connect to . . . network". Then I removed all the types of security protection - key #2 , and with no security, the ring network connected to my network. I went through the remaining screen instructions, and my doorbell now works. Then I re-joined my home network (which does have all the security protections) and I now have full use of the doorbell.

1 Like

I’m having same problem. No Ring in my WiFi network. I’m beginning to think they purposely turned it off at Ring so you have to buy new one. Beginning to wonder about their integrity.

How do you do that connection to your own WiFi?

Thank you. Reinstalling the app worked for me!

1 Like

I also had the same problem as you. Have you found the solution for my klingeltöne yet?

I’ve just purchased one (ring video pro doorbell) of these, I am technically minded and know my way around networks etc, all I can say about these units is totaly crap, I’m on my second unit as the first one gave up after 15 minutes working and was bricked, second one lost wifi and now wont let me setup again due to not seeing the ring network, I have tried all the usual stuff (reinstalling app, all other apps closed, Bluetooth off etc) and it just doesn’t see the ring network, so now after 2 days trying my hardest to get this to work I’m left with an expensive failed device, I was going to buy the ring security cameras also but now I’m having a serious rethink :rage::rage:

1 Like