No ring alerts from Peephole camera

I have the Ring Peephole Doorbell Camera. Today I noticed that I’m not getting ring alerts on any of my connected devices when the doorbell button is pressed. When I look under History in the Ring app, there is no record of the rings. I am still receiving motion detection alerts and those are appearing in the history, as are Live Views. The last recorded ring alert was yesteday and I did receive that alert on all my devices. I checked the settings and Ring alerts is enabled. Network signal strength is good (-44). When the doorbell button is pressed the device will chime. However, neither my phone, computer or Echo Show receive an alert. Any ideas why?

Hi @sharksfan7. There could be a few things causing you to not get notifications on your phone. We have a great Help Center article for iPhone and Android phones. If those steps do not provide a solution, you can always remove the Ring app from your phone, turn your phone off and on, then install the Ring app back on your phone and login. That fixes notifications errors most of the time.

If this is still an issue after reinstalling the Ring app, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Well, as I mentioned in my original post it wasn’t only my phone that wasn’t receiving the ring alerts. My Echo Show and my Windows PC stopped receiving the alerts as well. So it’s unlikely that it’s related to an app issue. Something with the Ring device was not communicating with whatever it communicates with to trigger the alerts on each announcement device. But since I was still getting motion alerts and the network signal strength was good, I would guess that the issue is in the Ring doorbell itself. The battery was down to 30% so I decided to pull it and charge it. After a full charge, the ring announcements on all the devices were working again. I can’t imagine that the Ring doorbell is designed to stop certain functions, particularly announcement functions, when the battery is on the low side. So I’m assuming it’s the rebooting of the device that corrected the issue, not so much the fully charged battery.