No QR Code

I purchased a used window sensor (1st gen) but the seller has removed the QR code and has no associated paperwork etc to find the code. What can I do? Thx, Brian in Canada.

1 Like

Without the QR code or paperwork that had the same code. It’s useless. I’d return it. They don’t cost much brand new. Sadly this is what happens with second hand Ring devices. Most of the time the original owner doesn’t remove it from their account so it’s locked to them. This is also protection from theft and than resale.
But for a window sensor to connect to the base alarm you need that code number. Without it, it won’t work and Ring won’t be able to help either. HTH

1 Like

Hi there, @briandrew1. If you have not already checked, there is sometimes a QR code located on the inside of the Sensor cover. A QR code is necessary for the setup of your device in the Ring app. As this was a used device and the Sensor is not able to be setup in your Ring app, there is not another method for obtaining this unique code, other than replacing the device or reaching out to the seller. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: