No notification but door bell rings when cars go by

We have been noticing that when large trucks drive by my door bell rings. I have double checking my wiring and it’s been installed well. Other than directly pressing the button, it’s the only time my doorbell rings.

Hi @ibergevin. Do you mean that the Doorbell itself rings or it’s sending a motion alert after picking up the truck? The Doorbell should only ring when the button is physically pressed. If it’s ringing any other time, I’d suggest resetting it and taking it through a fresh setup in the Ring App. You can reset it by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After the reset is done, follow the steps under Set Up a Device. Then you can monitor the Doorbell to ensure it’s not triggering any false rings.

If it does still trigger a false ring at any point after trying these steps, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here so they can look into this further to see what may be going on. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.