Ring Video Doorbell

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Rings wired and battery doorbell.
A
User Solution
Closed
No Night Vision in Ring 2nd generation
battery-video-doorbell
troubleshooting
video-quality

So I got a Ring Doorbell 2nd generation and hardwired it. Footage during the day is excellent but non existent at night. I have enabled colour and have very strong wifi. If I look on to the street now it is well lit but if I look on live view all I see is darkness as per attached screenshot. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

20-12-2023 04:43:16

Responses (6)

A
User Solution

Thank you Meme!!! Problem solved. I followed that link on reðdit and put something black to the right and problem solved!!! Thank you so much for your input. Really appreciated.

20-12-2023 07:11:54

M

@Angeline1

You are welcome! Thank you for sharing your fix; glad to hear it was quick fix without having to move the camera.

Pretty front door!

21-12-2023 06:30:22

M

It looks like the infrared sensor is getting confused by the wall (?) on the right because it’s highlighted bright white.

Is there any way to reposition the camera so that’s not so close to the wall or that the wall is not not so much of the camera field of view?

20-12-2023 04:11:47

M

Also if that area is already lit (e.g., porch light), then turn off the infrared (IR) sensor.

Editing to add that I’m not sure if your camera has the ability to turn off IR sensor. My battery powered Rng video doorbell doesn’t seem to have this setting.

20-12-2023 04:14:33

M

It’s a common issue. This reddit thread gives various ideas. Or maybe do an internet search for videos that show ideas.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wyzecam/comments/oihjz7/does_anyone_know_how_to_fix_the_ir_reflecting_off/?rdt=65506

20-12-2023 04:31:32

A

Hi. Thanks for your input. There is no porch light on at all and what looks like a wall is just a tiny corner. I’ve taken a picture from the outside to give a better idea.

20-12-2023 06:21:20

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User