No motion notifications on Android or iOS

I have two Video Doorbells (1st gen). For the last couple of days, neither one has been reliably giving me motion notifications. All the events are being recorded, but no notifications are coming through. I have checked and double-checked all settings and everything is as it should be.

I see the same issue on three devices (two Android phones and an iPad). I have removed and reinstalled the app on my phone, and it made no difference.

Ring notifications work fine, but motion notifications don’t. There have been a lot of break-ins and car theft around our area lately, and this is a really bad time to not have a warning of people hanging around our property.

Hey @Gatters. When you removed the Ring app, before reinstalling, did you restart your phone? This is an essential step to take, so please re-do this with the reboot in the middle of the steps to see if this helps refresh your app notifications. In addition, please make sure you that do not have any snooze for notifications happening, or a snooze for this on your phone as well. Last thing to triple check is that on the Device Profile, you have motion alerts turned on! Let me know if this helps and works out for you. :slight_smile:

@Chelsea_Ring wrote:

Hey @Gatters. When you removed the Ring app, before reinstalling, did you restart your phone? This is an essential step to take, so please re-do this with the reboot in the middle of the steps to see if this helps refresh your app notifications. In addition, please make sure you that do not have any snooze for notifications happening, or a snooze for this on your phone as well. Last thing to triple check is that on the Device Profile, you have motion alerts turned on! Let me know if this helps and works out for you. :slight_smile:

Hi @Chelsea_Ring. I tried that, but it hasn’t helped. I’m still seeing motion being recorded, but no notifications are appearing on any of my devices. The fact that I’m seeing this same issue on iOS suggests to me this is a system issue rather than anything specific to one app. Unless the iOS app the same issue as the Android one? In any case, as I said, restarting before reinstalling didn’t fix the issue.

Note - everything else works as expected, including live view to both doorbells. I didn’t mention it before, but I also have a Floodlight cam which has the same issue.

@Gatters Thank you so much for the followup and giving that a try for me! Just for clarity as well, you have ensured that you have motion and ding alerts turned on your Doorbells and then motion alerts turned on for your Floodlight Cam as well, correct? If this is the case and you still do not receive alerts of any kind, please reach out to our support team here so they can take a deeper look into this for you and perform advanced troubleshooting with your specific devices and account!